Prosperity BNI meetings take place every Thursday morning at the Kettering Rugby Club. Below is an overview of the structure of our weekly meetings …
Members begin turning up to a Prosperity BNI meeting from 6.30am onwards, but most of them arrive at about 6.45am, when the networking really gets underway and of course a hearty breakfast is enjoyed! The meeting is then called to start at 7.15am.
- Introduction: The meeting, hosted by the Chapter President who opens with an introduction to Prosperity BNI, including facts and figures about the organisation. The leadership team and visitor hosts are then introduced to the meeting.
- Business Card Box: Given that BNI is all about networking, it’s important that every member has each other’s business card. So once the meeting is underway, the business card box is passed around the table for people to take extra cards if necessary. Visitors to the meeting are invited to pass their cards around the table – and given a full set of all the cards of the chapter members.
- Education Slot: After the Chapter President’s introduction is the Education Slot – Constructive advice on ways of helping all of us gain business and pass quality referrals for our Prosperity BNI colleagues.
- 60 seconds: Each member then has 60 seconds to tell everyone about his or her business. They might talk about the various aspects of their business, they might talk about the ideal referrals they’re looking for. The idea is to enlighten all members about the business they’re involved with, enabling colleagues to go out and pass on their business card to people they meet during the week.
- Once members have finished their 60 second slots, visitors then have the opportunity to do the same.
- Vice President’s Report: Latest announcements and Prosperity Chapter statistics from the Vice President.
- We keep each other informed of how many referrals are passed around the table, the amount of business that is being generated, key categories we want to fill and how many visitors come along to our meetings.
- Secretary/Treasurer’s Report: Next on the agenda the Secretary / Treasurer announces the speakers for the weeks ahead, and introduces the speaker of that particular day. Each week a member has the chance to make a 10 minute presentation to chapter members to give them the chance to really ram home the message about what they do.
- Positive Contributions: The passing of referrals is regarded as the highlight of the meeting. It’s where business is passed across the table! The idea is to pass on a referral to fellow members which will hopefully convert into worthwhile business. If on a particular week a member doesn’t have a referral to pass on, then they have a chance to thank a member with whom they have done business, or can provide a testimonial. Testimonials are put in writing and used as a valuable document for the member’s business.
- Prize Giving: Once the referrals have been passed, the door prize is made – it’s donated each week by the speaker and is drawn from the referral slips handed in by members.
- Referral Reality: To conclude the meeting, there is a reality check, to make sure that referrals passed in previous weeks are successful and that real business is being done between members.
- And finally – announcements from the Chapter President, followed by a thought for the day…often amusing, but always thought provoking.
A Prosperity BNI meeting concludes at 8.30am, which then usually involves further open networking between members and visitors.
Are you ready to find out how we can help you succeed?
Build a Better Business with the World’s Largest Referral Marketing Organisation.